Whether you’re preparing to sell your primary residence or embarking on a fix and flip, it’s crucial that you know what sells houses quickly. Each month that your house sits on the market is another month that you’re paying the mortgage, taxes, and utilities instead of scheduling your settlement. In this guide, the experts at Brass Financial Group outline the top four tips to get your property sold quickly.
Price it Right
Though it may feel counterintuitive, pricing your property close to the actual market value is the best way to get it sold quickly and for the most money. If your home is overpriced, you run the risk of either scaring potential buyers away or never even showing up in their search results. Because your home will get the most traffic in the first 30 days, pricing correctly means more potential buyers. The more buyers that see your home, the greater your chances of receiving an offer (or multiple offers) quickly.
Second only to pricing, good curb appeal is what sells houses quickly. Consider improving yours by tackling one of these quick projects suggested by the DIY Network:
- Paint your front door, trim, and shutters
- Upgrade your mailbox
- Get new house numbers
- Plant a tree
- Replace exterior lighting
- Install flower boxes
It’s important to show buyers how to use the space. Have an unused corner in your master bedroom? Make it a reading nook by adding a small table and accent chair. Do you have a small deck out back? Be sure to add a table and chairs. Helping buyers see added functionality in each space is part of what sells houses quickly.
- Pack up personal items. Make it as easy as possible for people to see your home as their next home by limiting the family photos and keepsakes around the house.
- Keep pets and their belongings out of sight (and smell). Leashes, chew toys, litter boxes, and pets themselves should be out of the house whenever there’s a showing.
- Reduce clutter. Ample storage is pretty high on the list of buyer demands. Overstuffed closets, cabinets and countertops give the impression that there simply isn’t enough room in the house for their stuff. Take some time to pack up unused small appliances, clothes, and dishes to make your home look more spacious.
Now that you know what sells houses quickly, you can get started on your next real estate investment with confidence. Get in touch with Brass Financial Group to see how we can help.